




Next they decide to remove the cab from the truck and try to get the cab positioned better. Meanwhile the truck is blocking our street (which is apparently very busy). Chad is at one end of the street directing traffic and I am at the other end. Most neighbors were fine but there were a few hostile neighbors. I called our landlords to let them know what was happening. They told us to call the police. We did and apparently one of the neighbors also called to say that a truck refused to move out of the street. Refused! He couldn't move it.
So anyway, 2 police officers came and got some information. Meanwhile the guys started unpacking the truck. The police officers called a tow truck and the town highway department. So now we have 2 cops, the largest tow truck I ever saw and the highway department. They instructed the moving truck driver, Alberto, to pull up the feet and then one of the tow truck drivers moved the truck to safety with the back doors wide open on the truck. The officer gave Alberto a ticket or bill for $500 to fix the mess in the road, $317 for the tow truck services and oh did I mention that when the cab was stuck on the curb it also broke a sprinkler system to the restaurant across the way.
It was a hair raising, nail biting, migraine forming experience. I'm sure one the town will be talking about for days. At least we got to meet our neighbors!






No comments:
Post a Comment