clouds

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Things come in threes





So, you know about the moving incident with the police officers coming to the house. This afternoon, I got rear ended. I am FINE. My car has a small hole about 2-3 inches long (see picture) on the rear bumper. I called the police and luckily it wasn't the same officers as before. That would have been completely embarrasing. However, this guy commented "This is a nice welcome to CT." Little did he know his coworkers welcomed us in earlier in the week. So I get home, shed a few tears of frustration and then have a drink.

An hour or so later, Chad comes in and says there is a group of angry neighbors complaining about the cars parked on the street. These cars are parked in front of our house...no one elses. (we are not complaining)Okay, so there is this restaurant across the street and the overflow of cars were parking on our street. Apparently, the neighbors complained enough in the past that there are now "no parking signs" on the street.(see picture) The reason people were parking today was because there was construction going on (see picture) in the overflow parking lot. So needless to say, the cranky neighbors called the police and lo and behold the police officer came out ( see picture). And guess who it was....oh yes, you guessed it the officer that responded to the earlier accident. And yes, he remembered me and just shook his head and laughed. Oh and he gave all the cars parked on the street (about 7) a $25 parking violation. Oh and you wouldn't believe (or maybe you can) the words coming out of the people's mouths as they walk to their cars.

Don't they say bad things happen in threes! That is enough! I'm done with the police!!!

3 comments:

NINNY said...

Hang in there things have to get better !!

Barbara

The Machnik Family said...

I am sorry...We are thinking about you guys and know things will get better...Oh another note we love your blog--it looks awesome!

Sawicki4 said...

glad you are ok! hang in there!
talk to you later! :*)