clouds

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day Back

The alarm woke me up at 6:00 and I popped out of bed. I usually hit the snooze alarm several times but for whatever reason (probably nerves), I bolted out of bed. I need to be at work at 7:00 but had wanted to get there early. I think I fell asleep in the shower because it was 6:50 when i finally made it into the car. All I did was shower and get dressed. Hmmmm....
Anyway, I made it to school by 7:00 and like a mad woman ran around my classroom getting last minute things in order. The kids arrived and settled in quite nicely. I was expecting there to be some behavior issues and refusal to do work because I was new but not one peep. (Knock on wood, for tomorrow). The day actually went as planned which in itself is a miracle. Well up until 1:45. The students leave at 2:00, so we were winding down and getting packed for dismissal when one of my students projectile vomited all over the place. She was in the middle of her g-tube feed, so we stopped that and started to clean her up and she did it again. She got sick 3 times. Needless to say by 2:30 2 of us had her in the changing room doing a full change, while the 3rd person got the rest of the class organized and out to the buses (late of course).
Despite the crazy afternoon, things went well. As a matter of fact one of my students said "Mrs. Ferrari is a nice lady." We shall see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

Sawicki4 said...

glad you had a good 1st day! that was a cute comment from you student!

NINNY said...

What a way to start a new year !!
I agree with your student "Mrs Ferrari" is a nice lady !!

Barbara