After dinner, we had a family game of Scrabble. Mom and Dad were on a team and the three of us were on our own teams. The score was about 5 points seperation between the four of us, until did what he always does and pulled ahead with a single score of 70 points. Needless to say, Dad won again! Saturday we left for NYC at 8:30, and yes we were all in the car at exactly 8:30. There was no traffic and we got to the city by 9:45. Krista drove, which was nice so that we didn't have to wait for the bus. It was very windy and colder than expected in the city, but the sun was out so as long as you stayed in the sun, you were good to go, for the most point. Our show was at 2:00, so we walked around the city and went into various stores. We went to Toys R us, M & M store, a music store, where Katie purchased a teach yourself guitar book. She apparently won a guitar at work. We then walked to Carmines and had an amazing meal.
Carmines is an italian restuarant. The dishes are served family style. We had the best sausage and broccoli pasta, eggplant parmasen and their special Carmines salad.
Carmines is an italian restuarant. The dishes are served family style. We had the best sausage and broccoli pasta, eggplant parmasen and their special Carmines salad. After lunch, we walked to a 3 story candy shop. I swear we walked miles. Mom was very tired after the walk. We felt like little kids getting candy for the show. :) We then took a taxi back to Times Square. It was the scariest taxi ride ever. I'm glad I'm alive to talk about it.
We got to the theatre at 1:50, used the bathroom and found our seats and then the show started. Great timing! It was an interesting show. Not the best I have ever seen. There were some scary parts to it. I never thought Mary Poppins was scary. Mary Poppins herself was a bit mean at times. Hmmm. The kids who played Michael and Jane were awesome. Probably the best out of everyone. Mom seemed to enjoy herself.After the show, we walked to get a Jumba Juice, for Krista, and then back to the car to head back home. At home, we picked up pizza and had dinner at home with Dad. Mom was extremely wiped out at dinner. We all spent the night and then went our separate ways this morning. Mom got picked up for church and then I headed back to CT. I had to stop off at the Sub Pub to get lunch for Chad and I. Got back to CT around 2.
It was a great weekend!






1 comment:
That sounds so great !! A girls outing, you have an amazing family so good to your Mom and to one another. Glad you had fun!!
Enjoy each day !!
Post a Comment