clouds

Sunday, February 22, 2009

February Vacation

So Feb Vacation has come and gone and school starts again tomorrow. I had a very nice vacation visiting family and friends. This is the first vacation that I didn't have to work on MCAS portfolios....how I love CT.
On Saturday Feb 14th, Chad and I went to paint pottery for the afternoon. I painted an easter cookie tray and chad a soap dispenser and tea bag container. He did two because I take sooooooo long to paint. Chad picked them up this saturday and they look great. Then we went out to dinner at J Timothy's. Very nice dinner...we had to wait but it was worth the wait and then we had planned to go to the movies...but so did everyone else in CT. So we went home and watched an On Demand Movie instead. We saw The secret Lives of Bees....I would recommmend this movie....very good.
On Sunday to Tuesday, I went to NJ to spend time with Mom and Dad. On Sunday, I helped Dad make sure Pasta Fagoli Soup from Carmine's recipe book. It was wonderful. It is a must have book and if you have never gone to Carmines you must. There is one in NY city and one actually in Bristol, CT. Anyway, Monday, I took Mom out to PA to see Erica and the girls. We had lunch, story time, a puppet show ( the best version of sleepy beauty I've ever seen). Oh and I got to play Webkinz with Lorelei for a bit. Next we met up with Krista at the mall and got some shorts and capris for Mom for their trip to Florida (leaving today- Sunday) and Costa Rica (in March). We then went out to eat at Bravos - a very good Italian restaurant. And then back to NJ. We got home around 8:30. It was a long day for Mom but she had a relatively good day. She was so done with shopping.
Tuesday, I met Katie and a coworker for lunch with Mom. We went to a similar place like Panera. Mom and I went walking a Chubb Park for 2 miles and then I headed back to CT.
Wednesday through Saturday, I headed up to NH to help Scott at the chocolate house. I made it up to North Conway on Wednesday in 4 hours. And I swear I wasn't speeding. I so much enjoy making chocolate, there are no students attacking me, no parents bothering me, no paperwork to get done, no "fires" to put out. It was great. Yes, my arms, back and feet hurt at the end of the day, but totally worth it. We made cashew turles in dark and white chocolate, white covered oreos and pretzels. White chocolate macadamian and cranberry clusters and chocolate walnut fudge. I left on Saturday @ noon to meet a girl friend for a late lunch in Lowell at 3pm. Stayed until about 430. Then went to drop some chocolate at another friend's house. She wasn't supposed to be home, but to my great surprise she was and then we chatted for hours. I didn't leave until 6:30 and got home at 8:30.
Today I slept in and then it's off to grocery shopping and errands. The weather is gross, raining and slushy. But the vacation was great as a whole. I'm now making plans for Easter week.
Oh I forgot two things. 1. It snowed on Wed to Thursday in North Conway and after work on Wed, driving back to Scott's castle was a bit scary because the roads hadn't been treated and they were a little slick on the bottom. Anway, we couldn't get my car up the hill that he lives off of....so Scott decided to try he attempted 3 times...the 3rd time he got 3/4s of the way up and then skidded sideways and slid down the hill and decided that perhaps we should wait until the roads get treated. We were successfully able to get the car up the hill at 9:00 and then struggled getting up the driveway. Needless to say, my car stayed in the garage for a few days and we just used his 4 wheel drive instead.
2. I had lunch at Pizza hut on Friday. I was so excited to go and get a salad at the salad bar, breaksticks and a personal pan. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the lunch buffet but it was all good. I wish there was a pizza hut restaurant closer. I just love their salad bar and lunch buffet. Oh well, the delivery place will have to do until I visit MA.

2 comments:

Sawicki4 said...

what a busy week! we went to pizza hut for valentines day - such a good treat!

NINNY said...

Megan, that sounds like a great vacation !! You kept busy and had fun, Good for you !!