Weekend in review....
Saturday was raining and gross in the morning. Chad went off to a craft fair, which ended up being cancelled and then out to run errands. I caught up with my family via phone calls. Got a chance to talk to Mom. I wish talking on the phone was like old times with Mom. She was excited to hear my voice, but then lost interest quickly. I wish this got easier, but it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen. It's been a tough weekend for me.
Anyway, Chad took me out to lunch at Flatbread company. For some intersting pizza. The sun found it's way out so we decided to town shop. We drove around Avon and Simsbury and looked at the neighborhoods. I love Simsbury and Chad likes Avon. We both have decided that we don't like Farmington. Stopped off at Rita's for an afternoon snack. After dinner, we watched Slumdog Millionaire. A very good film.
Today, we tried out a new church in Simsbury. It's time to look for a church home. I'm not sure Westminster Presbyterian is the right church yet. However, it's the only Presbyterian church in the area. So we are branching off to Congregational churches. I'm finding it hard to move away from Presbyterian. I don't know why, since both churches seem to be the same. Perhaps, it's just the name. I don't know. Anyway, Simsbury church was very nice. There was a guest minister today, so we didn't get to hear the minister preach, but what we did see was all positive. Except they say trespasses instead of debts and debtors...but I guess I could learn to live with that. :)
Tonight we are meeting up with Julie, Caroline, and Bob and trying out a German restaurant. We have been trying to get there for a few months. So we finally found some time. I love having Julie in the area!
Next weekend is our Quash event. I have been researching Philly. We got some sample questions from last year and it seems tougher than we thought it would be. Oh well, it will be fun to be together as sisters supporting Mom and Alzheimer's research. We have again surpassed our fundraising goal of $800. As of now we have raised, around $1400. Thank you to all that have donated to our cause and have supported us through this tough disease. We will be thinking of you all next weekend. I will let you know how we make out.
So Lucky Gifts and A Gluten Free Halloween Giveaway!
13 years ago






1 comment:
Thinking of you and your Mom Megan it must be difficult, hang in there!!
Post a Comment