to words.In regards to my mom, this year was clearly the most difficult for her. The hour before the walk was a bit unsettling for her, but once the walk started she appeared to be more comfortable. One thing that I noticed was her lack of stamina and limping halfway through, which was why I suggested we turn arou
nd. On the way down Main street, when
the fire trucks went by, her face went blank, she stopped walking, pulled me backwards, and was very startled and upset. She froze from the moment she heard and saw the engines until they passed. After they passed, she looked at me with fear and tears in her eyes, I told her it was okay and she was safe, and she continued to walk. Seeing the look in her eyes and feeling her tug on my hand, reminded me of a little kid, who is fearful of the unknown and pulls on their parents hand for support and guidance. The roles in our relationship have sure changed. She no longer is my rock, support, and comfort, for it is the opposite. Although it is very stressful and draining at times, I take great pride in the fact that she sees me as comfort, love, and safety. Holding her hand in mine, comforting her, and enjoying any time I get to share with her are all blessings. Although I feel that I have already lost my mother, I am glad that I can now help take care of her and give back all the love and support she gave to me
throughout my entire life.






2 comments:
*HUGS* to you all
Tears of Love, Hugs to all ! You have a wonderful Mom, and your Mom has 4 Wonderful daughters !!
XOXO
Post a Comment